Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It's moments like these that make me love my job.

My freshman art class has been working on a project for the last week and a half. They're doing scratch art, which is a meticulous, painstaking thing. In the class is a girl who struggles with school, having petit mal seizures and learning disabilities. She had taken her work home on Friday, to finish over the weekend, and forgot to bring it in on Monday. I told her to be sure to remember to bring it today, as it's one of the best ones and would be up in the display case.

You should have seen her face. 'Really?' I can't describe her look, but it gave me one of the best moments I've ever had teaching.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

i loved scratch art! what a great job. lucky girl.

Hugz.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Mississippi Songbird said...

YEah... I can't wait to see the Post it notes project..
Bunches of hugs

and I got the title to work..:jumps::hugs:

7:20 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

happy moms day A!!!!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home